Sunday, October 21, 2007

What I've been working on lately

Lately I've been toggling a few different projects so I thought I'd give a little update on them.

Here is the last block for the Windsong Jewels DYB RR. When I made the blocks it was my first RR and I was so excited that I didn't think about what I was going to do with them when I got them back! LOL So I didn't realize that the colors in the blocks don't really match my decor to make a wall hanging with them. I did make a purse out of 2 of them and I'm thrilled with it, but I can't make purses out of all of them! Then as I was visiting my friend Wendy I noticed that the colors in the blocks could have been taken straight from her couches! So I decided to gift them to her to use as art in her living room. I know she will treasure them! She says she is going to frame them and put them around a painting over her couch, it's going to look perfect! So I'm embroidering the last block with her in mind.
I used a fade away pen to draw words on the block. I put Love (stem stitch 1 strand floss) in the center because without love it's all meaningless. I put Family in a dainty green cursive (whipped backstitch in 1 strand YLI silk floss) because family is aways growing. Then I added Friendship in 6 strands YLI silk floss that is couched with 1 strand gold floss, so it feels kind of like a princess dress, because finding true friendship is a treasure. I also added Joy (stem stitch 1 strand floss) because that is usually the result of these things!
Then I've also sewn the finished blocks from the Summer Breeze DYB RR together end to end and tacked it up on the wall temporarily to see what it will look like. As you can see the colors go perfect with my decor! I'm trying to decide if I want to finish the last block and add it too. Then I'm going to sew on a 2 inch boarder I'm thinking in red Dupioni silk to finish the wall hanging.
And here is my nearly finished edging for the 2nd sleeve of my sweater! I only have to finish up that last repeat and sew it onto the sleeve!

2 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

I love your idea for the presentation of the Summer Breeze blocks, and they fit perfectly in that gap.I do have to ask though, how can you live with your chair being off centre like that...LOL

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

So beautiful that tatting pattern!