Friday, October 05, 2007

CQ Bedspread Block 5

I've pieced block #5! I've used several of the fabrics Jill gave to me and a piece of the lace that Tracy gave to me!
Then I'm going to sew on these pieces of lace as a motif. The three leaves are Venice lace for dying, and the crocheted rose was made and given to me by a very sweet lady in the Hand Embroidery Yahoo Group.
OH and I've finally caught on to a good way of piecing my blocks! I'm always getting twisted around and I'm not so good at direction that's not obvious! LOL Well I finally figured out that if I start piecing in the larger area right next to a smaller area when I get around the block it's easier to overlap the larger area...otherwise I'm left at an odd spot and still need to go around to put more pieces on the larger area. I feel like it's a little bit of a "duh" moment but I had been starting at the smaller area and having trouble!

No comments: